Light, fresh, delicious cupcakes.
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp rum extract or 1 tsp rum/malibu
1 cup white sugar
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
optionally: 2 tbsp coconut to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 160C (325F). Prepare baking tray, line with paper liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3. Place buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and rum in a bowl and whisk well together.
4. Stir in the sugar and gradually add the flour mixture and mix well.
5. Spoon the batter into the cupcake tray, up to about 2/3 full.
6. Add pineapple to each cupcake (optionally: sprinkle coconut on top) and place the tray in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
JanNovember 22, 2012 at 11:11 am
As soon as I saw these I had to make them, rest assured they are delicious!
Will be making a many more for Christmas.