Some time ago when we were very active CouchSurfing hosts we accepted a bunch of stay requests at one time and ended up with people sleeping on the floor in every room. One of our German guests came up with an emergency dessert. The task wasn’t easy – my oven was broken and she had to satisfy tastes of people from 4 different countries. She pulled it off and it was a hit for everyone. The best part is that she made it all in 5 minutes!
- 250g mascarpone or coconut cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 biscuits (like Scotch Finger or something nuttier, you can mix different flavours)
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2tbsp shredded coconut – to sprinkle on top
- Mix mascarpone with sugar and vanilla beans or if you’re using coconut cream – beat in an electric mixer with sugar until peaks form and add vanilla beans.
- Crumble biscuits in a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Divide biscuits among 4 serving glasses.
- Top with pineapple and mascarpone/coconut cream and sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
JJ - 84thand3rdMay 21, 2013 at 2:31 pm
How perfect! I’d imagine it would be lovely with any other fruit too 🙂
AgaMay 21, 2013 at 2:39 pm
Sure. It’s almost like “in case of emergency mix random fruits and biscuits with mascarpone” 😉
AnnaMay 21, 2013 at 4:57 pm
I love how easy this can be whipped up, but looks just as fancy as any dessert. What a great idea Aga. xx
AgaMay 21, 2013 at 6:58 pm
Sophie - thestickyandsweetMay 21, 2013 at 9:40 pm
What counts as an emergency? Does “Oh my goodness, I NEED cheesecake in my life immediately?!” Cause that one happens far too often.
Such a delicious sounding recipe.
AgaMay 22, 2013 at 1:31 pm
Yup, that counts as emergency 🙂
Li @ Words and CakeMay 22, 2013 at 11:47 pm
Love how tropical these cheesecakes are! Reminds me a little bit of a tiramisu, but the beach version.
Paris PastryMay 23, 2013 at 12:02 am
Wow, this looks like a great recipe! I’m definitely bookmarking this. I love quick recipes that you can whip up when unexpected guests arrive.
MonicaMay 23, 2013 at 2:36 pm
What a refreshing take on cheesecake 🙂 Looks impressive too!
Rosie @ Blueberry KitchenMay 24, 2013 at 7:07 am
I love these kind of desserts – so simple, but totally delicious! Your cheesecakes look gorgeous too!
the kitchen crusaderMay 28, 2013 at 3:35 pm
I will be banking this emergency dessert. It is totally last minute panic worthy. Love it!
Monica | The Travel HackJune 5, 2013 at 6:44 am
Mmm, these look delicious and they even look pretty easy to make too!
Chung-Ah | Damn DeliciousJune 17, 2013 at 12:44 am
I love this! And the name is SO cute.