Last year I ate a lot in Japan but didn’t film everything. Going to Japan in May this year, with film-every-meal mission in mind, I ate even more. And this time, I filmed everything.
10 days, 55 meals. What were the highlights?
- day 2 | meal 10: hida beef at Kyoya Restaurant in Takayama
- day 3 | meal 13: buffet breakfast at Takayama Ouan Hotel
- day 4 | meal 24: elaborate vegan meal at Henjoko-in Temple in Koyasan
- day 5 | meal 28: kaiseki dinner at Fujiya Ryokan in Kawayu Onsen
- day 6 | meal 29: traditional Japanese breakfast at Fujiya Ryokan in Kawayu Onsen
- day 10 | meal 53: freshly baked melon pan from Kagetsudo in Asakusa
Kelly TurpinJune 30, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Most of it look very delicious!
Nano B. @ #TravelWithNanoBJune 30, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Loved the post, such a fun video too, everything looks so scrumptious! I don’t think I would ever be able to name THE best meal because there is so much good food here. Wagyu beef is definitely one of my most memorable meals and I love tonkatsu from Maisen, kaiseki dinners I have had in Tokyo were also spectacular. Fruit here is expensive but incredibly flavorful an tasty and I love love love the bento boxes. Lastly, wagashi are my absolute guilty pleasures! 🙂 xoxo, nano
50 Must Try Foods from Around the World - Contented TravellerJuly 15, 2016 at 1:47 pm
[…] A Matter of Taste When it comes to Japanese food, it’s hard for me to choose my favourite, because I truly […]